The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (chemanic, Shardean, Steelonsteel, 2 invisible), 127 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,418
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
Hello Panelists, I can't find a chrome replacement rear bumper for my painted one on my 3100 Chevy Panel truck. Any help on this is very appreciated:

Last edited by Peggy M; 01/03/2024 12:43 AM.
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
The bumper on the rear of the Panel and Suburban for a 1949 3100, is the same as the front.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
I have seen that advertised "lately", but I can't believe it -- Is that really true guys...?

Last edited by Toms49Panel; 01/03/2024 4:35 AM.
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,004
2
'Bolter
'Bolter
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,004
Did you look in the parts books? That should convince you
Gm has made some rare mistakes in some parts books but they get corrected year to year
However it is general knowledge amongst the bumper enthusiasts that the panel rear bumpers are the same curvature and hole pattern as the front bumpers
Now what is the size of your panel? There are 4 options for the rear bumper of a panel
The half and 3/4 ton thickness in chrome or paint
And the 1 ton panel delivery in chrome or paint
-s

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Yep, and the 1 ton panel bumpers are thicker - otherwise the same.
I guess you can call me a bumper enthusiast. I have a few of each. wink


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
The size I have Sir is a half-ton, 3100, short bed Chevy 49 Panel truck from Texas that is in good (whole) and stock looking "as the day is long" condition. The rear bumper is on there, when I bought it -- but I can't claim if the prior owner swapped it out, but it is not shiny at all.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
Are your's chrome in good shape Mr. Hansen??

Last edited by Toms49Panel; 01/03/2024 5:00 AM.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
So, I have to search for chrome front Panel truck bumpers -- or will Pickup bumbers fit too?

Last edited by Toms49Panel; 01/03/2024 5:02 AM.
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Originally Posted by Toms49Panel
Are your's chrome in good shape Mr. Hansen??
Nope, they need lots of work.

You need a pickup or panel front bumper. They're the same.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
Oh, ok. that sounds good then I will start checking around

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,078
Tom, Where are you located? I bought a repop bumper from the Filling Station in Lebanon, OR. Had some friends coming thru there and they brought it up to me. It looks decent. Way cheaper than shipping one down to a plating shop and back up to me.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
Hello, I am located in Pennsylvania. About a hour north of Philadelphia. It looks like you are in Alaska. I just found one in Tennessee.

Last edited by Toms49Panel; 01/03/2024 5:52 AM.
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
This one came from one of the usual suppliers. Don't ask me to remember which one, but it was probably the one that had had the cheapest combined price. All I asked for was a pickup front. Now that I think about it, I probably drove down to Huntington Beach to pick it up from Classic Industries.
Attachments
1952suburban617.jpg (257.78 KB, 98 downloads)
1952suburban622.jpg (79.68 KB, 99 downloads)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
It looks really nice. That's about all that I would need...How was the fit putting it on the brackets Mr. Smith...??

Last edited by Toms49Panel; 01/03/2024 11:59 PM.
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
Easy peasy.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 200
Good to know sir!


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0