The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Hanks custodian, Southerntruck, baldeagle, Woodcmiami, J Lucas), 70 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,398
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1526947 11/22/2023 3:52 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 123
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 123
Originally the brake line from the lower cylinder to the upper was on top of the axle tube and has some tight bends. I made a new line with less bends and have it going under the axle.

Does anyone see any issues with the new line placement? It does not interfere with any moving parts.
Attachments
New Line.jpg (364.47 KB, 62 downloads)
Old line.jpg (221.27 KB, 62 downloads)

Last edited by DougH6100; 11/22/2023 3:53 PM.
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,989
7
'Bolter
'Bolter
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,989
Other than possibly having to spend a few extra seconds when bleeding them, I don't think you'll have any problems. Looks real good!


1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,814
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,814
Is there a reason the replacement line can't be installed with the arc on top? I'd wonder about air getting trapped below the axle centerline the way it's routed now. Probably not a serious concern, though.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,989
7
'Bolter
'Bolter
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,989
The original cross-over tube had some VERY tight radii, I know I couldn't copy it with any hand benders. I didn't have to replace those lines. I didn't have to use any power bleeding for my truck, DougH6100 has the same basic set-up as mine, should bleed OK. Looking at his picture does show that the port on the cylinders looks to be straight across the axle, I guess the line could go over the top just as easy.

Last edited by 78buckshot; 11/23/2023 4:55 PM.

1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 123
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 123
Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
Is there a reason the replacement line can't be installed with the arc on top? I'd wonder about air getting trapped below the axle centerline the way it's routed now. Probably not a serious concern, though.
Jerry

I decided to go under thinking air might get trapped at the top of the bend.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0