I offered this entire book for sale some time ago, but there was no interest.
As there seems to be more and more interest in the YF, I am posting this chapter from the book. I have written authority to do this, this is not a "bootleg" post.
This is only one of 11 chapters in the book. The book is the textbook from the Carter Carburetor School.
Good carburetion is fuelish hot air The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify. If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes! The Carburetor Shop
Anyone been successful in opening or downloading Jon's .PDF file? I get about 80% done and then get this message.
'57 GMC 102, Original 347 V8, HydraMatic, 3.08 rear gear, added A/C, disk front brakes, HEI, AFB carb, '98 Honda Black Currant paint. T-boned and totaled 10/12 '52 GMC 152 Stake Bed, Original 228, SM420, added A/C, HEI, disk front brakes, '67 Chev 3.55 rear gear. Gets used as a real truck.
I just downloaded using my Firefox web browser. May be a question to ask in the IT Short Bus forum???
Last edited by Gdads51; 11/03/202312:44 PM. Reason: spelling
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
It's 17 pages. It came up in my phone. Does your download have a time out? Maybe try at a different time if day. That has worked for me in the past.
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Last edited by Phak1; 11/03/202311:51 AM. Reason: Spelling
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
You folks that use a cell phone for internet purposes amaze me!
I am an old geezer, telephones are for talking
I use a 17 inch laptop (sitting on a table) for the internet, so I can read it.
I just edited the first post to reflect that the file is 7.2 MB
Jon
Good carburetion is fuelish hot air The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify. If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes! The Carburetor Shop
I look forward to using it when I get into my YF 2100S hopefully this winter.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
I tried Firefox as suggested and it worked fine. Thanks for sharing Jon. I'll keep the document for the next time I need to get into my YF 964S.
'57 GMC 102, Original 347 V8, HydraMatic, 3.08 rear gear, added A/C, disk front brakes, HEI, AFB carb, '98 Honda Black Currant paint. T-boned and totaled 10/12 '52 GMC 152 Stake Bed, Original 228, SM420, added A/C, HEI, disk front brakes, '67 Chev 3.55 rear gear. Gets used as a real truck.
Thank you!, Jon @carbking! Your contributions are amazing and MUCH appreciated! I need to be in touch - will need a rebuld kit for my 3211S and info on the heat tube. The original Rochester heat tube and 'stove' plate are on the engine currently
Last edited by D'Ecosse; 11/06/20236:10 AM.
'51 Chevy 3100 Truck - OEM 216 Engine; three speed column shift transmission 6 Bolt disc conversion with dual master/vacuum booster 12V alternator conversion. 235 engine in waiting
Thanks Jon Years ago you recommended a YF for my rebuilt 261....... been in love with it ever since.
The information you share with us during regular postings and by extending the life of that "old printed information" by sharing a download is priceless........ thanks again.