So I purchased new hardware and door cards. Sadly disappointed. Just a piece of pressed cardboard. That just wasn't going to cut it for me. So I made my own. Next I'll figure out an armrest. Already tried the aftermarket before. Cheap plastic. Mine broke. I would like to use the TF armrest but can't find measurements for screw holes. Not sure if they would bolt up. Anyone used something different that bolted on. Thanks
Yes I had forgotten about that when I built these. If you look close you notice there is a slight bend in the panel. I layed it on the edge of my lift kneeling on a 2x4 I just massaged it a little. That keeps it off the door mechanism. Also stacked 3 large washers on shaft to hold it out. It was a learning experience but I like a challenge.
I can’t remember I got mine from but I went to a junk yard years ago and used a set from a older junk car the threaded holes are there to measure just have to go to a older junk yard we’re they have some 60,s cars and find a set .
I bought the repo arm rest and followed the advice of others on filling the plastic cavities underneath the rest with epoxy. They seem rather stout now. Time will tell.