The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, dt235sd, Peggy M, klhansen), 85 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,390
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 322
T
Professional procrastinator
Professional procrastinator
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 322
I know, not another positive ground question! I have searched with no answer found. I hope somebody can help here. 47 GMC with positive ground and I want to put electric wipers in. I bought the 6 volt kit and it looks decent. I want to put it in and try it except the red lead from the unit has a fuse, the black lead has a ring terminal for ground. I do not want to do any damage to the unit by hooking it up backwards and voiding any warranty. Do I just hook the fused lead to the power(negative) and the black lead to the ground(positive)? Or go with red fused lead to positive and black ring terminal lead to negative? Thanks


1947.2 GMC 1/2T SWB panel
1947.2 GMC 1/2T long bed
1948 GMC 1/2T short bed

Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 2,472
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 2,472
I'd connect the black lead to battery (or someplace easier under the dash like the accessory lug on the ignition switch) negative and the red lead to ground. If I was really picky I'd fuse the black lead near its connection with power. Fuses protect wiring, not downstream devices.


'57 GMC 102, Original 347 V8, HydraMatic, 3.08 rear gear, added A/C, disk front brakes, HEI, AFB carb, '98 Honda Black Currant paint. T-boned and totaled 10/12
'52 GMC 152 Stake Bed, Original 228, SM420, added A/C, HEI, disk front brakes, '67 Chev 3.55 rear gear. Gets used as a real truck.
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 322
T
Professional procrastinator
Professional procrastinator
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 322
Perfect advice. It works as intended. Thanks Bill


1947.2 GMC 1/2T SWB panel
1947.2 GMC 1/2T long bed
1948 GMC 1/2T short bed


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0