The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (1955 1 Series, 68ironhead, Hotrod Lincoln), 150 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,475
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
HEY FELLOW BIG-BOLTERS :
JOHN & PEGGY HAVE AN AWESOME SIGHT HERE !!! AND
I CAN'T TELL YOU ALL THE HOPE,ENCOURAGEMENT,AND JUST PLAIN LAID-BACK FACE-SPLITTING,IDIOT-GRINNING
JOY AND WONDERMENT AT ALL THE PHOTOS,MUTUAL AID ARTICLES,AND SIMPLE REAFFIRMATION OF MY FAITH IN HUMANITY THE MANY HOURS I'VE ALREADY SPENT IN THIS ZONE...THANK YOU ALL !!!

I'M A NEW 'BOLTER,AND,AS SUCH,HAVE TRIED NOT TO BE THE ONE TO ASK THE DUMB QUESTION RIGHT OFF,
THOUGH I'M SURE TO LATER ON....HERE'S MY PROBLEM :
I JUST ACQUIRED,THROUGH SERENDIPITY,SYNCHRONICITY,GOOD VIBES,AND MAGIC A VERY FINE OLD TRUCK AT A GOOD PRICE AND WITH VERY GOOD VIBES AND WISHES IN THE FORM OF A '41 CHEVY 1-1/2 TON 160"W.B. STAKE TRUCK.THE VIN IS GOOD,THE TRUCK IS ALREADY ROLLING,REGISTERED,INSURED,AND LEGAL...
I WAS,AT FIRST,DISMAYED TO REALIZE THAT THE ORIGINAL MOTOR WAS GONE,BUT I READ MORE HOURS OF INFO ON THIS SITE THAN I CARE TO ADMIT,AND SPENT THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME TRYING TO MATCH UP THE NUMBER ON THE BLOCK(REARWARD OF DISTRIBUTOR)WITH NO SUCCESS.I TRIED JOHN'S PAGE,PATRICK'S CLASSIC,ETC. WITH NO JOY.(YES,I TRIED-CHEVY CUSTOMER SUPPORT COULDN'T FIND IT EITHER.)

CAN ANY FELLOW BIG-BOLTERS,OR ANY OF YOU AMAZING BOLTERS TELL ME WHAT BLOCK I HAVE WITH THE NUMBER:LAS535753 ON IT...? ACCORDING TO THE HEAD CASTING # (3836848),IT'S A '56 235-WHICH WOULD MAKE IT A NON-BABBITTED ENGINE WITH REAL PRESSURE-OILING...(TOLD YOU I DID SOME READING HERE !),YET I WOULD DEARLY LOVE TO VERIFY THAT BLOCK FOR TUNE-UP REASONS(SEEMS THE PARTS BOOKS AROUND HERE ONLY GO BACK TO '49....

MY FIRST POST,PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH THE LENGTH OF THIS---IT'S JUST THAT IT'S LIKE RAMBLIN' ON WITH A FEVER---YA THINK ???

MANK YOU THUCH,IN ADVANCE-FAT FENDERS ARE STYLIN'...NEWBIE BIG-BOLTER MORGAN

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
Morgan - welcome to the shop, and good luck with the new toy grin

you might have better luck with this particular question in the driveline forum .... 55-62 235's take the same parts, tune up or otherwise, the only variation is if you have hyd lifters [car] or not ..... and note that most don't like trying to decipher posts that are all caps, hard on the eyes :hammering:

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Much thanx,BIll !!!
I'll be more conscious of "CAPS" in the future....this site is incredibly awesome,yet a bit overwhelming for a newbie.I've been directed to Keith Hardy's amazing site(TOCMP.COM) by Scott Ward/48bigtrucks--a huge help,and you both responded so quickly---i just hope to be able to return the favor(s) somehow...!!!A million thanx-
Morgan

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
Welcome!


Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 149
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 149
Welcome to the group Merlin...... and sounds like a great find of a truck, but...... let me be the first to say......... WE need some pix..... We wannna drool over it....smile....
Michael.......


\'48 chev 2-ton boom truck (Boomer)
'49 Chev 2-ton flat bed
'65 Chev 35ft school bus
'88 GMC 6500
'72 Superior 26ft class "A" coach
'50 Farmall "M"
'71 MGB GT
'68 Austin-Healey Sprite
'65 Austin-Healey Sprite
and various other odd British cars
and lots of old radios.....

Although we know what the speed of light is..... What I want to know is... How fast is the speed of DARK??

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0