| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,078 Posts1,056,285 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2023 Posts: 6 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2023 Posts: 6 | I got some good responses to my other questions in Engine Shop ("Engine question: What the heck do I have? Canada!"). Thank you again, by the way. I have more! Next question if you don’t mind. Who is everyone using for engine parts supply? I have ordered all my body panels from LMC and that is more than enough to keep me working all winter. But would like to get a start on ordering parts for the engine rebuild. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,821 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,821 | There are a lot of stovebolt engine parts on Ebay, but you need to know exactly what you need. Most of the sellers there have bought out the entire stock of closed-down auto parts stores, and some of them have no idea if a specific part will be suitable for your application. I scavenge up "new old stock" parts every chance I get, sometimes for pennies on the dollar, simply because the seller has no idea of their actual value. Lots of parts such as valves, valve guides, connecting rods, main bearings, and other engine parts interchange between 216 and 235 engines of the same vintage. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | |
| |
| |