Was there a unique OEM wing nut that held the top of the 1 barrel AD truck pancake air cleaner to the base? I currently am using a common/modern wing nut. Can you share a photo or two? Is there a GM part # for it? Is there a source for a look alike replacement? I would like to put an original back into service on my '48 Chevy 1/2 ton truck. Thanks.
You’re probably thinking of a stamped steel wing nut. I recall seeing those and they had a large washer-like base. Don’t have any pics though.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.