| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,182 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2023 Posts: 58 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2023 Posts: 58 | Im getting pretty partial to this 261. But this 3spd just aint cuttin the mustard. What would i require to throw a T5 in this 51' 3100?
(Im upgrading to ifs and discs aswell.)
I did some searchin on hear and seen talk of putting one on a 235, but i dont know if it shares bellhousing with 261, and dont want to assume so.
Last edited by Peggy M; 07/25/2023 12:26 AM. Reason: fix spelling boo boo
"Commonly quoted life advice I dont even try to live by." -Famous Person
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 3,687 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 3,687 | Should be the exact same process as a 235. Same bellhousing.
1951 3100
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2023 Posts: 58 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2023 Posts: 58 | Ok thanks. I have a 94 s10 in the weeds. 2.2L 5spd. Im thinkin that should work. Then just have to figure out driveshaft to rearend.
"Commonly quoted life advice I dont even try to live by." -Famous Person
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,799 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,799 | I had a 287 AMC in a 63 Rambler Classic- - - - -outran everything, including the Nashville cops! No, I wasn't driving- - - -my cousin had borrowed it that night. The Ambassador 327 I put into a 64 Classic 9 passenger station wagon was even faster- - - -made it from Nashville to Little Rock AFB in 4 hours one night! Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 3,687 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 3,687 | I had a 287 AMC in a 63 Rambler Classic- - - - -outran everything, including the Nashville cops! No, I wasn't driving- - - -my cousin had borrowed it that night. The Ambassador 327 I put into a 64 Classic 9 passenger station wagon was even faster- - - -made it from Nashville to Little Rock AFB in 4 hours one night! Jerry I have a pretty good idea how long the Nashville to Little Rock drive should take. That must have been quite a ride.
1951 3100
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 3,687 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2014 Posts: 3,687 | Ok thanks. I have a 94 s10 in the weeds. 2.2L 5spd. Im thinkin that should work. Then just have to figure out driveshaft to rearend. You’ll need an adapter to match bellhousing pattern. Earlier s10 t5s have the right bolt pattern. There are some input shaft considerations and couple ways to skin the cat. A 94 would also have electronic speedometer, so you would lose that function without some further mods. Go find Lugnutz’s profile and view his webpage on T5 swaps.
1951 3100
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,878 Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT | | Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,878 | Check out this current '94 and later T-5 adapter plate discussion by member Lugnutz. It even includes info on what he did for drivehshaft on his vehicle. I do think there may be more to this story though as you haven't mentioned if your 3 speed is still part of a torque tube rear end set up, or if your truck has been previously converted to an open driveline??? Dan
Last edited by Gdads51; 07/25/2023 12:36 PM.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100Follow this story in the DITY Gallery"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2023 Posts: 58 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2023 Posts: 58 | Check out this current '94 and later T-5 adapter plate discussion by member Lugnutz. It even includes info on what he did for drivehshaft on his vehicle. I do think there may be more to this story though as you haven't mentioned if your 3 speed is still part of a torque tube rear end set up, or if your truck has been previously converted to an open driveline??? Dan Sorry good point. All stock. Still torque tube.
"Commonly quoted life advice I dont even try to live by." -Famous Person
| | |
| |
| |