The green corrosion on the upper tank is often indicative of past leaks. I don't think you need an electric fan to cool your truck properly, though.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Look down through the opening on top & look at the tubes. If they are clean & clear you are good to go. Those are tough radiators. The leakage on the top tank is common on those. A radiator shop or someone good with solder can solder it.
George
They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super In the Gallery Forum
Inside looks great. As good at the outside. The oe fan did not fit on the new WP pully. Plus I have added AC so having an electric fan is not a bummer to me. Will make truck overall quieter.
Ferris Looks great,you can't beat a big radiator,my 51 6400 ran 185 degrees thru a parade on the 4th,hot and humid won 20$ first place in antique truck division. Dual low is just right for parade speed,drove it there hot shut off and re-started several times worked good.
Ferris Looks great,you can't beat a big radiator,my 51 6400 ran 185 degrees thru a parade on the 4th,hot and humid won 20$ first place in antique truck division. Dual low is just right for parade speed,drove it there hot shut off and re-started several times worked good.
I figure with a good fan (OE fins have no pitch to them) and the efficiency of AL heads and FI I should be good to go as long as it does not leak. I even bought a generic overflow container cause I always hate dumping extra juice on the ground.
Ya, that's were all that green corrosion is. Any competent radiator shop can clean out that solder and re-do it.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)