| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,480 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 117 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 117 | Okay first let me give you all a little background on my project. 46 COE going on an 86 C30 4 door dually chassis. This is going to become my hauler when its done but thats going to be a while yet. I'm currently working on the brakes. Pedal will have to swing from above as there is not room under the floor (502 seems to take up most of the room now). I want to mount the original hydro-boost and master cylinder under hood and keep it as close to the firewall as possible. I know I've seen a 90 degree mount (bellcrank) under the hood of some year GM vans I believe, I just can't remember where. Anyone out there know what I'm talking about or am I dreaming it? I'm thinking maybe a few other pieces off of a van will come in handy for this project. :rolleyes | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 477 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2001 Posts: 477 | the 90 degree booster mount is pretty well standard on g.m. step van trucks. i have a step van frame for my c.o.e. project as well. the advantages of the step van were just too many for me to consider anything else. linkage for brakes, carb, steering column is very close to the orig. coe angle, 400 smallblock 400 turbo hydro' square side tank (30 gallon i think), and wiring harness that closely matches the dimentions of what will be needed to hook everything back up with a minimum of splicing.
the wheelbase of the step van i have ought to give me the ability to construct a 14 foot or so flatbed, and ought to ride fairly good with that wheelbase. post a pic or two, and feel free to private message me. if we keep in contact we might be able to help each other figure out problems together. i ain't above asking for help. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 117 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 117 | Thanks guys. I just posted to the general board wondering why my original post was closed but I guess I put it in the wrong spot. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 79 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 79 |
1949 "Heinz 57"
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | I have a late 70's P30 under a motorhome that has one. It has hydraulic power brakes as part of the setup.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | I have seen them in Dodge vans also. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 | I have always wondered why someone would pay $ 2-300 for new "components" like Kugel when with a little ingenuity and scrounging you can get the same thing at a salvage yard for $40-50. Don't get me wrong I have bought new stuff as well but it's not as much satisfaction as recycling. It's all in the hunt that make this a fun hobby ( or sickness).
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln
| | |
| |
| |