The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (dt235sd, Opelika Tom, tclederman, DBJ71SuperCustom), 81 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,078
Posts1,056,285
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 7
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 7
Hi all!

I have an Army G-7100(not sure the exact model), that I have running around the property now - but as i explore it more, the four wheel drive levers are missing. It was left in the low range, and as I continue to repair this old truck (drove it for the first time yesterday - here's the youtube link 1941 G-506/G-7100 First Drive In Years if you want to see it drive) I would like to repair/replace the transfer case levers. Could someone share a link or pictures of the transfer case linkages so I can figure out how to solve this problem? I'd like to drive this in our "Lost in the 50's" parade, but there's a lot of work to be done. Getting it out of the low-range is one of the steps. Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Gdads51; 06/24/2023 4:26 PM. Reason: edited link to keep from embedding the video in the post
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,997
S
Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator
Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,997
Check out the parts catalogue for Vehicles of Victory, linked on their site. https://vehiclesofvictory.com/store/nos-parts-list-catalog/ It looks like they have the transfer case levers.


A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin
When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired.

1948 Chevy 2-Ton
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,997
S
Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator
Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,997
I just remembered a military parts place in Lexington, Kentucky. I went to the University of Kentucky and got parts for my 1952 Willys there back in the early 70s. The place is/was called Spare Parts and Equipment. I knew it as just called "Spare Parts". I did a google search and that's where I found "Spare Parts and Equipment". I think it may be the same place. There isn't much info, but the phone number is 859 266 2188. If it is the same place the owner, bought up tons of army surplus parts and maybe they can help you. I am sure the original owner has passed away, but his son worked there too.


A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin
When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired.

1948 Chevy 2-Ton
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 7
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 7
Thanks! I'll check it out.

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,940
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,940
Chuck,

Adding a note here with a possible resource document that may be of interest to you, in case you haven't seen it before.

This 1-1/2 Ton Army Truck manual is accessible for free on the web and can be downloaded/saved for your use as needed on your truck. There are several missing pages from the original scanning, but I did see that there was info still present discussing the transfer case and controls.

Something I came across sometime ago while trying to research other info on the G-506 series trucks and hope you can make use of it.

Loved the video of the 1st drive! thumbs_up

Dan


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 7
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 7
Hey Dan,

I found the army manuals for both the g506 and the g7100 on chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com. I'll include both those links below. Great diagrams of the transmission and transfer cases, but not much for the linkages. I'll check out your links and see if there is anything else. Thanks for sending it along.

The drive was fun for sure. I took it out again today - though I need to get the brakes working - it only has the transmission brake right now smile
http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/military/1945_46/index.htm
http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/military/1942/index.htm

Chuck

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,940
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,940
Chuck,

I completely forgot those where tucked away on that website. dang

Thanks for reminding me and sharing with everyone.

Since you are taking it out for some fun, maybe you want to post more about that (with pictures of course grin ) in The Stovebolt Driving Report???

Others would love to get a gander at your truck and hear about your drives!

Dan


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Chuck,

Here is what the transfer case levers should look like on your truck. Looks like yours was made to be used for log skidding.

Paul
Attachments
2013-11-21 17.42.20.jpg (43.67 KB, 45 downloads)


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0