Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
I don't think I've ever seen a 4-piece driveshaft before. Maybe it's offset like that for a reason. I don't think that they're supposed to be exactly in-line thru the u-joints.
That is a nice bus.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Looks good to me! It'll stay underneath where it's dark and hard to see blemishes. I thought the furniture in my house looked great till we moved and I saw it outside in the sunlight.
Matthew 6:33
1952 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100 Late '55 235/SM420/torque tube 3.55 Dalton Highway survivor (using original 216) www.truckwithaheart.com
What is the reason for the driveshaft to be so crooked in multiple planes?
It looks like it would shake the bus apart.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
It looks wild but all the pieces have a reciprocal angle from output / each other / pinion angle. My 2 piece one ton Chevy is similar, looks funny, runs smooth!