After selling some vehicles and getting a better job, I was thinking of getting some parts for my 1953 3-ton GMC. However, finding parts for medium duties isn't as easy as light duty trucks. Anyone know of a good source for this type of parts?
There are a few items I'd like to start with: I noticed that it is leaking from the diff plate and input. The plate I could make/apply one, but the input seal would need to be replaced. The trans is also leaking.
My brakes are working well and no obvious leaks, but I do need to refill it after sitting for the winter. Would like to find a master cylinder and wheel cylinders for just in case.
That's all I can think of for now.
There is one more thing while I'm at it though: Can the vacuum wiper motor be repaired? It sort of works; I turn it on and they go up, but rarely automatically goes down. Seems to need the vacuum at a very specific amount. For now, I've just been repeatedly turning it on and off. Also, I had not figured out how to remove it last time I tried.
Can the vacuum wiper motor be repaired? It sort of works; I turn it on and they go up, but rarely automatically goes down. Seems to need the vacuum at a very specific amount. For now, I've just been repeatedly turning it on and off. Also, I had not figured out how to remove it last time I tried.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.