The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Otto Skorzeny, KEVINSKI, HandyAndy, Hugh63c10, klhansen, 37 GC), 144 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,607
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 36
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 36
I am trying to piece together my interior and i've seen that there are supposed to be a couple of bumpers for the windshield, does anyone have a picture of where they are to be mounted. Also looking for a picture of how the draft seals and transmisson floor seal are supposed to be installed. Any help is appreciated

'39 chevy 1 1/2 ton


1939 Chevy 1 1/2 ton with 216
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
I have a 1940 1/2 ton KC so I don't know if this will help or not but this is what I did.

If it's similar to what you have, let me know if you want details....

Mike
Attachments
image0.jpeg (210.38 KB, 88 downloads)
image1.jpeg (170.66 KB, 86 downloads)
image2.jpeg (191.76 KB, 85 downloads)


1940 Chevy 1/2 Ton presently... Almost done
1940 Chevy Business Coupe... In pieces
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 36
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 36
Thank you that does help, I have a four speed so my floor is a little different. Is that a fiber pad for a draft seal? I take it that it fits under that plate?


1939 Chevy 1 1/2 ton with 216
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 230
The seal around the steering column is actually a sandwich with the felt in between. I believe on your truck yours could have been rivited together... The plates with a felt liner in between.

If you have a 4 speed, your right, the seal I have will not work.... Although I don't know why.... As long as the hole in the sheet metal is the same...

I had to build my own felt sandwich although I don't think it's correct for my year. Can't find a picture of one to be sure.
It's held together but some carriage bolts made to look like rivets (not shown)

Mike
Attachments
image1.jpeg (489.14 KB, 61 downloads)
FullSizeRender-compressed.jpeg (122.36 KB, 57 downloads)


1940 Chevy 1/2 Ton presently... Almost done
1940 Chevy Business Coupe... In pieces
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 36
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 36
Thank you for the detailed pictures, i'll be able to make a pad for my truck, my plate has screws instead of rivets


1939 Chevy 1 1/2 ton with 216
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,038
Just a quick comment on those windshield bumpers. I have a tech bulletin from 1937 that points out that you want to have the windshield frame contact those bumpers before the outside corners contact. The reason is the regulator has enough force to crack the windshield if closed tightly in that situation. There is less force on the window glass if the frame contacts the bumpers first.

As those of us who own trucks with windshield regulators know (before the 1947 Advance Design) they tend to leak in rain and during a car wash. Thus, we obsess with trying to get the closure as tight as possible.

You can adjust the height of the bumper by shaving the rubber to reduce or adding a shim behind the rubber to increase.

Kent

Last edited by Lightholder's Dad; 05/25/2023 2:54 PM.

1937 Chevy 1/2 ton
1942 Chevy 1/2 ton
1947 Diamond T Model 509
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1950 Chevy COE Model 5700 ~ "Barney" ~ And more pix

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0