The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (JW51, ronsway, Guitplayer, Hotrod Lincoln), 157 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,271
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1497146 04/19/2023 12:48 AM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 34
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 34
I see that Jim Carter truck parts and Classic Parts both list the Deluxe Panel Fender Trim sets on their web sites. Are these pieces produced by the same manufacturer? There is a significant price difference.

Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,822
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,822
I have absolutely no idea where the stuff is made or whose is better, but I have purchased several parts from Classic Parts that were significantly cheaper than other suppliers and found them to be of excellent quality. A round heater core is one example.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,047
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,047
I have had good luck with Classic Parts. I like Jim Carter. I bought a complete bed and tailgate from him and it is very nice. OEM gauge steel and the closest to factory I have ever seen. They are pretty much identical. JMHO.


Old enough to know better, too young to resist.
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 257
Haunting the SBP since 2001
Haunting the SBP since 2001
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 257
Jim Carter was the one who funded, developed & is making the deluxe fender strips....
He just wholesale's his trims to Classic so they can retail them also.

Same part from both sellers but since I have done business with Jim for over 40 years now, I personally would go to Jim first for the trims.
Attachments
ig61.jpg (302.11 KB, 122 downloads)

Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,822
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,822
Those DeLuxe fender strips detract from the truck's appearance rather than enhance it.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Originally Posted by Otto Skorzeny
Those DeLuxe fender strips detract from the truck's appearance rather than enhance it.

If modiol is looking for opinions - I think they look good, and, they were original options.

"Back in the day" they were a way to dress-up a delivery truck for a business.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,398
T
Crusty Old Sarge
Crusty Old Sarge
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,398
The great thing about these trucks is that they are up to what the owners like, your truck do it the way you want. For me, I like them.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 34
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 34
Thank you everyone. Classic parts confirmed that they get their fender trim from Jim carter. I usually buy from classic parts, so I went with them. It's nice to have options.

Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,822
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2021
Posts: 6,822
That choice supports both vendors.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0