The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (TooMany2count, tclederman, Gray_Ghost, 2 invisible), 85 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,386
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 27
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 27
All,
Thanks for the messages. I had a phone conversation with Hotrod Lincoln and shared some text messages with a few other Stovebolters following that post. After the phone conversation I determined the distributor was 180 degrees off and now the truck is firing and backfiring, but unfortunately won't catch. I believe the timing is still off I am going to work on it today and tomorrow and hopefully it get it running After getting the timing adjusted 180degrees it was spring break time and I was focused on enjoying a road trip with my kids and didn't get on the computer. I will post a follow-up this weekend after I am able to spend a few hours with the truck.

appreciate all of the advice and input, wouldn't be where I am with truck without this community


1952 Chevy 3100
In the DITY Gallery
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
William -- the good news for you is that you are located in a veritable hotbed of Stovebolt activity. Some very knowledgeable, hands-on kinda guys in the Greater Philly/.Bucks county area. Hopefully, some of them may chime into this.

Stick your head into the Old Dominion Stovebolt Society forum (scroll down through our forums until you come to it wink ) and intro yourself. ODSS covers your part of PA.

Welcome aboard and I hope we can get you driving most ricky tic!

John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 27
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2023
Posts: 27
All,
Thanks for all of the support. As of about half an hour ago the engine was running...hopefully have the rest back together so I can take it for a spin soon


1952 Chevy 3100
In the DITY Gallery
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,689
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,689
Nicely done, William.


1951 3100

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0