Thanks for the add to the forum I just recently picked up my 1967 GMC Hm7500. It was a fire truck in a previous life so very low miles on the original 401M. So far finding enough parts I should have her up and running next week then on to the brakes. I have no doubt I will have tons of questions and already found a lot of info checking out the forums. Thanks again for the add. Keep'em shiny side up!
Last edited by Peggy M; 04/24/202410:19 PM. Reason: Added truck info to title
Looks like a good, hopefully easy, project. I believe you can find a lot of help in here.
Besides getting some technical help from The Shops Area, you may want to stop by the Parking Lot where the 60 - 66 trucks hang. Looking for those parts, they may be able to help, as well as the Swap Meet.
Bringing another GMC into the fold is exciting to see!
And I personally have to say, it's always good to have an Alabama fan here. Roll Tide!
We'll see you in the forums.
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Congrats on your recent acquisition. With the usual very low mileage of former fire trucks, your truck should have be in pretty good mechanical shape with lots of life left in it.
While you ponder on questions you need to ask in the various Tech Forums, based on your indicated location you are right in the midst of the The Southern Bolters region. Check out that forum and introduce yourself in there as well. They have a bunch of upcoming events you may want to check out too.
You may also want to checkout the Big Bolts forum as you truck fits right into that category.
Looking forward to more conversations in the future.
Dan
EDIT: I see Miss Peggy beat me to the 1st welcome - haha. Just me too slow on the 2 - finger typing speed.
Last edited by Gdads51; 03/17/20231:33 PM.
~ Dan 1951 Chevy 3 window 3100 Follow this story in the DITY Gallery "My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine" 1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver) US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
1962 C10 with a 235 6cyl -- all of the drive train seems to be original. Some of this story is in the Side Lot Some people like a new truck. I liked the old ones.
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
~ Peggy M 1949 Chevrolet 3804 "Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship In the Gallery "We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill