The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (TUTS 59, Bill Hanlon, papas52, Hotrod Lincoln, tclederman, BC59, 1 invisible), 105 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 108
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 108
I am working on a 53 3100 that came to me as just chassis/ cab, so I need a complete bed. A guy near me has new 1/2 ton bed sides for 1946. Based on the research I've done, the only difference I can see from 46 to 47-up beds is that the width increased a smidge (from 48.5" to 50", if I remember right). Can anyone here confirm whether this is the only difference, and whether 46 bed sides would be useable on a 53 1/2 ton? I am fully willing to re-drill holes for the front panel if needed. Thanks!


1953 3600 Pickup
1946 Fleetline Aerosedan
1948 Hudson Commodore
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
F
Fox Offline
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,168
I remember reading in a book (How to Restore Chevrolet Trucks by Tom Brownell) that bedsides for the 41-53 were the same (excluding mounting holes for the fenders).


Can others confirm?


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 281
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 281
Fender holes, front panel holes, and angle strip holes are all different. As I recall the sheet metal is the same for both series.

Mark


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0