I bought an upholstery kit from Jim Carter and installed it a while back. The fit was good and it went on fairly easily. I stripped off the old stuff to bare springs, fixed them up as needed, then reinstalled some of the original padding and what was include in the kit. It also included the c-clips, which I put on with a leather padded pair of pliers. Not sure if they have them for the later trucks, but it's worth checking into.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Looks good. Though I want more of a cloth like in my photo. I've seen other outfits that have them but no good pictures of the materials, and patterns. I'd hate to have to spend a bunch on shipping returns.
Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks. Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.
As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
Some places I've seen on the web will send you fabric swatches for approval.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
That appears to be original material and you will NOT find anyone selling a kit nor will the pattern match what you have style-wise. You can, however, purchase the material from SMS (https://smsautofabrics.com/) and it is expensive. (I'm guessing they will have in stock as I ordered for my Apache [same upholstery colors and materials but a slightly different pattern] and it took them a long time to supply so I may have been waiting for them to weave in the pattern needed. They are NOT great at communicating...) SMS will send samples so you compare with what you have and you can request online. If you do not want an exact match for the original pattern Discounted Designer Upholstery Fabrics; Kovi, Palazzo Fabrics all have weaves that are close for much better prices (and all will send samples). And when I "have" to accompany my wife to Joan's in my area (Los Angeles) I pass some of the in-store time checking out their fabric selections and they frequently have weaves that are pretty close - again much cheaper than SMS. Don't know if you a Joan's near you but perhaps have something comparable?? Good luck!
You might find what you need at Eklers. Looks like they have a pretty fair assortment.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Truckrolet For years I have made my own seat covers,use a canvas kind of stiff like lawn chair covering,get new padding at walmart or fabric store. My wife can sew the covering so the joint wants to be an ell. Change out weak springs,tie padding with holiday ribbon so it wont show thru your cover put em on. On my beater trucks when the drivers seat wears thru I turn the cover inside out and wear out the passenger side. With the chevy clips you can also just tighten up or add padding if needed. Also use homemade cardboard headliner with moth balls up there to discourage mice-works . My wood hauler is too rusty to hold mice out,sleeps in the barn with em.
I'm using a kit from Raybuck on my '46. It fits well and I think it looks pretty good. Definitely had to supplement the foam provided with more thick batting to make it tight and smooth.
1946 1/2-ton Stakeside A Little Piece of the Family Farm In the DITY Gallery
I will bet it beats the price I was quoted by an upholstery shop, $10,000.00 complete interior
Whoever gave you that quote is a crook.
There's nothing to a pickup truck interior of this vintage.
I had my '56 Cadillac redone top to bottom for $6000. That included two kinds of leather, one kind of vinyl, original fabric, headliner, wool carpet, paint, etc. and it's about 3 times the size of a truck interior.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
We used to have a shop and we would occasionally quote really high prices for projects we didn't want to do. A non-trivial number of people took us up on them and we did their project for $$$.
Sometimes the price was high because the project would be a pain, sometimes it was because we could tell the customer was going to be a pain.
The ones that get me are the shops around here that quote a crazy price, then refuse to do the work when you say yes. I have a buddy with a suburban that he wants one dent fixed and the whole thing painted. He had one shop here quote him $7k, which was high, but when he told them yes and asked when to drop it off they came back and said they would not actually do it. If you are not going to do it, just say that!