| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,514 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 108 'Bolter | 1958 Chevrolet 3600 NAPCO Family owned since new, 235, 4 speed, line built NAPCO, Cardinal Red/Bombay Ivory trim. Mods - power master cylinder, 285/75/16 radial tires, alternator, high tone horn, fuel cell located behind rear axle.
Last edited by J Lucas; 03/13/2022 4:13 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2019 Posts: 242 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2019 Posts: 242 | It's hard to give me truck envy: but this does it. I bet it's a workout to steer those tires!
'59 Chevy Suburban, NAPCO
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2019 Posts: 2,242 Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator) | | Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator) Joined: Jan 2019 Posts: 2,242 | Looking at your story in the gallery, it looks like you did a lot of good stuff on this truck. It is a real beauty.
Do you know where to find tech specs for the Napco conversions? I have been curious about it for a long time, but can't find a decent resource for hard info. Things like the new spring rates/sizes, how much the body is lifted compared to the 2WD, that kind of thing. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 291 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 291 | That is a Beautiful truck ! Thanks for sharing with us !
Jim | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 108 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 108 | I will be converting the headlights to a relay controlled setup this summer. I ran dedicated ground wires from the bulbs and still have kick-out from the headlight switch overload. I bought a kit from Daniel Stern Lighting that has HID elements inside GE bulb Pods sourced from Belgium; they look like OEM if you don't put your head next to them.... I am excited to drive it this summer and not have the lights kick off. Now all we have to do is have our administration fix the gas crisis. I replaced the BFG radials with Cooper Discover radials (made in Ohio!!!) and went up one size to gain some more diameter. 285-75-16... It doesn't steer to bad with the tires set to 50 psi! The truck is a line built NAPCO from Willow Run Michigan, Chevrolet started this in mid production year for the 1958 truck. Not a show goes by that someone asks me what kind of a lift I have on it.......
Last edited by 58NAPCO3600; 03/13/2022 1:05 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 1,363 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 1,363 | If I remember Lugo did this truck? Is it a factory original resto? I'd like to see some in cab pictures and the bed wood. I think it was a Lugo restoration I saw that was the best ever resto I saw that was close to factory stock.
Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks. Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.
As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2019 Posts: 1,003 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2019 Posts: 1,003 | Way nice. Thanks for sharing 👠| | |
| |
| |