| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,096 Posts1,056,477 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 | Well I tried to save the lower rear panel on my 48 2 ton. It had been used as a flat deck some time in it's life and had some major dents. I fiddled around with trying to remove the worst of it and someone else had tried too. When I went to strip the back side of the cab a pink cloud of powdered bondo exploded onto the scene. It must have been almost an inch thick in places. Any how since I'm not a body man I decided it would be easier to just replace the entire panel. I installed inner and outer cowl pieces and they came out very good.
If any one has ever done this before, I'm open to suggestions on any problems that arise. I'm think I'm going to clean up the bottom of the cab first. just in case there is any damage when I try to rotate the cab. That's going to be another post.
FYI I purchased the rear patch panel from Brothers Truck Parts. A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired. 1948 Chevy 2-Ton | | |
| |
| |