The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (tclederman, Jon G, 68ironhead, 3B, GMCJammer51, DuckRancher, Peggy M, 1 invisible), 135 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,245
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1479524 12/18/2022 3:08 PM
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 449
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 449
I used to love to look at the old Chevy Truck sales brochures from the different years. Now with the re-designed web site, I can't find them. Do you have to pay for them now?

I have looked thru Mr. Hansen's posts but haven't figured out how to access the brochures. Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks


Kevin
1965 Chevy C10 Longbed Fleetside
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
Insomniac
Insomniac
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
Looks like the stuff is still there, but there are some broken links.

http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/stat.../1954%20Chevrolet%20Trucks/dirindex.html

http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/static/NA/GM%20Trucks%20and%20Vans/dirindex.html

I sent an email to the site admin informing him of the broken links.

Last edited by Gord&Fran; 12/18/2022 3:50 PM.

Gord 🇨🇦
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
Wow. When did the OCMP update their site? I really hadn't looked in awhile. Their logo has changed also?

The copyright still shows 2000-2020. It's still fairly active (new stuff)? Anybody know?


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,886
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,886
Gord,

I tried both those links and both said unable to locate server???

Doing this from my iPhone, so maybe my web browser is the issue?

EDIT: Rechecked via laptop and they work fine. Was my phone browser settings that blocked them from showing. not me

Last edited by Gdads51; 12/19/2022 2:00 AM.

~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
I pinged my contact at the GM Heritage Center just recently about Sales Brochures, which used to be accessible there, and she said that the site update was still in progress, and that that info that was available is still in the hopper to be included.
Meanwhile, if anyone needs a particular Sales Brochure, I may be able to dig it up using the Wayback Machine. It's kind of a pain, but is doable. PM me if you have a particular one that you want. They're complete brochures in PDF format that can be e-mailed.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I have had success with Ford brochures starting at the oldcar manuals project. The regular Chevy documents, manuals parts books etc. are still online.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Worked just fine on my iPad.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
Worked just fine on my iPad.
Same on my PC.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,886
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Gearhead, Stovebolt Tech and Parts Tracker, Mod for Swap Meet and GTT
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,886
Thanks all! thumbs_up

I will recheck on my laptop tonight.

Figured it was a phone/browser issue. not me


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 449
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 449
Thanks guys. I'll just keep monitoring the Heritage Site and hope the sales brochures appear one day. I downloaded the ones I needed from the old site. I just like to consult them from time to time. They are interesting to me and you can glean a lot of info from just the pictures.


Kevin
1965 Chevy C10 Longbed Fleetside
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
Insomniac
Insomniac
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
I got an answer to my email about the broken links.
Quote
Hello,

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm doing some maintenance right now and will fix that one.

Regards,

Rusty

Be patient. It will be fixed in due course.

Last edited by Gord&Fran; 12/21/2022 12:59 AM.

Gord 🇨🇦
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0