It's better than no truck, maybe now I can stop kicking self for selling my other ones years ago. And at least its not rust pitted patina mess like most I've seen for crazy prices. It has some small issues, a pee size rust hole in one area of the cab and some rust in bed side angles, that is it for any major rust that I see so far. Right now the air conditioning works pretty good. Now I feel like I belong here again.
Last edited by Truckrolet; 10/29/20223:20 AM.
Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks. Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.
As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
It has a lot that needs done, it sat inside for the last 20 years, and the previous owner primed the interior upper section. Brakes ? I told everyone do not push that brake pedal, all wheels would be locked up for sure. The first hole I fix is that antenna hole. In this area if you want something like this to last and drive it, any place on the truck that can rust needs some sort of treatment. Then of course things like the leaky transmission output seal, and likely the rear axle seals, wheel bearings and on and on the list goes for the mechanicals. If it wasn't already in kit form and painting started, and the non factory HOLES, I'd be doing the eastman frame spray in the cab, brakes etc then hit the road.
By the way never install an antenna in that area on a Taskforce, just asking for a leak into the cab.
I talked to a fellow that had a GMC 59, had a 15K paint job and running gear probably the same as this 55, meaning needing lots of work, he wanted around 30K. This was less than 10% of that.
Last edited by Truckrolet; 10/29/20225:15 PM.
Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks. Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.
As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
Missing pieces ? Yeah sort of, no windshield, doors with cut outs for speaker holes, some new parts, bolts are bagged and labeled, there will be more parts needed.
Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks. Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.
As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins