I haven't posted in a while but wanted to show you all my new to me, 51 half ton I just bought. Not sure I like the color combo, but it was restored right.
An AD with those exact colors reversed is on the cover the 2022 NPD Chevy Truck catalog.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
Great looking truck! How's it look under the hood, stock drivetrain?
My eyes see black on your truck but brown not black on the NPD cover truck. Computer screens can vary widely, and I haven't seen an NPD catalog in the flesh. Or should I say pulp.
If it were my truck I'd have to paint the black/brown with tan to match the rest. Much friendlier under a blazing AZ sun.
Last edited by Skooter; 10/03/202212:44 AM.
Matthew 6:33
1952 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100 Late '55 235/SM420/torque tube 3.55 Dalton Highway survivor (using original 216) www.truckwithaheart.com
Yes, I have the paper catalog here and it's definitely brown.
Kevin's looks brown to me on my computer. When I tilt my screen at an angle it gets darker.
Kevin, what color is your truck?
Last edited by Otto Skorzeny; 10/03/20221:14 AM.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
kthomas I'd just be glad it's all done-up nice neat job,find a nice blacktop road and cruise !! Ran the wheels off of my rat -mobile 51 6400 pickup car show friday parade sat. just cruise be glad you can !! made face book in pictures,made paper earlier.
Last edited by fixite7; 10/03/202211:49 AM. Reason: more info
~ Craig 1958 Viking 4400 "The Book of Thor" Read the story in the DITY 1960 Chevrolet C10 "A Family Heirloom" Follow the story in the DITY Gallery '59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane
Looks to be in fine condition, much nicer than my ‘54 to be honest. I believe that 2tone is really effective in making the lines of that beautiful body style stand out.
That said , I could not get along with those colors.
BUT - Color preference is absolutely subjective, and it ain’t my truck , great specimen that it is.