The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (RoadsScholar, Otto Skorzeny), 196 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
My steering column is kind of beat and it is from a GMT400 so I don't particularly care to rebuild it.

I am looking at aftermarket replacements and Flaming River/Ididit are the two "big names", but I am wondering if anyone has experience/recommendations with anything else?

I specifically like the look/price point of the Speedway columns. Overall I have been happy with the self-labelled stuff from Speedway (Ferris Bueller's brake issues notwithstanding), but I don't know anyone that has used their columns.

Anyone have a recomendation for or against a column?


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 157
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 157
I have two friends that have bought the Speedway tilt columns and they’re both very pleased with them. The columns are installed in a 50, 3100 and a 65, C10.

The Speedway column takes a 1” x 3/4” Double D universal where my IDIDT column takes a 3/4” x 3/4” Double D universal.


Dan

35 CC Case
38 Chevy Pickup
51 3100 AD
58 3100 Apache Fleetside
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 281
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 281
I have a friend who has a flaming river column. To me it seems kind of loose and doesn't have a solid or precision feel to it. His has the column shift with a pointer indicator for showing what gear you are in. The steering is probably OK but the shifter system and tilt do not seem right. I would not want it.

Mark

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
I used Ididit in my ‘62 C-10 and I’m pleased.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 7
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 7
Don't forget about the Limeworks columns.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0