The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (walter74, Peggy M, Shaffer's1950, Gray_Ghost, 2 invisible), 59 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,700
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1462709 08/15/2022 12:49 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,690
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,690
Snagged a cable Speedo T5 recently. No immediate timeline for install, will likely wait until the 235 needs to come out for a refresh.

But in the meantime, I’m looking to gather the parts necessary to do the swap.

I’ve read the article on Lugnutz’s site about the Jeep 10 spline input shaft. One thing I’m unclear on…is the input shaft you’re looking for the same regardless if your T5 is WC or NWC? Mine is NWC.

Here is the part suggested in another link on his site:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mgr-1351085008r


1951 3100
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 222
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 222
It will definitely fit your NWC. I've done lots of them

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,951
Originally Posted by JW51
Snagged a cable Speedo T5 recently. No immediate timeline for install, will likely wait until the 235 needs to come out for a refresh.

But in the meantime, I’m looking to gather the parts necessary to do the swap.

I’ve read the article on Lugnutz’s site about the Jeep 10 spline input shaft. One thing I’m unclear on…is the input shaft you’re looking for the same regardless if your T5 is WC or NWC? Mine is NWC.

Here is the part suggested in another link on his site:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mgr-1351085008r

I need to update my Jeep shaft swap pages. The WC Jeep shaft shown on the currently posted pages is no longer available. The NWC Jeep shaft works just fine for either a WC or NWC S10 T5 (1993 and earlier).

This short video explains why it works for both WC and NWC.Jeep shaft swap VIDEO


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0