The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, ronsway, 1 invisible), 165 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 214
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 214
Tried to post a response on a post and it said your post has been already posted. NOPE.
Closed and re-opened to NOT see anything from me.

When tired old men like me type what seems to be for ever to respond and it isn't posted....I want to give up.
WTF!!!!

Last edited by Peggy M; 08/05/2022 7:44 PM. Reason: Wanted to expand the title so folks will know what this about - now and later! Like the candy. :D

Chip

'Rusto-Mod'
'51 Chevy 3600 5 window | C4 Corvette front/rear suspension & drivetrain | everything else looks old and stock
'92 GMC Sonoma GT #15 of 806
'91 GMC Sonoma GT Extended cab 1 of 1
Trucks, Trucks.....and more Trucks
Chip O #1461242 08/03/2022 11:45 AM
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,480
AD Addict & Tinkerer
AD Addict & Tinkerer
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 4,480
It’s happened to me, although I can’t say “it’s not my fault”. That is the reason, any lengthly post I do in a note first, so I don’t lose anything.


Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum
Chip O #1461270 08/03/2022 2:59 PM
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Its happened to me, too. I *think* if you hit the back key, it should return you to your draft post.


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Chip O #1461272 08/03/2022 3:05 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
Phaki1, Happens frequently to me but I don't know if out of habit I hit the enter key.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Chip O #1461276 08/03/2022 3:16 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Has happened a couple of times to me. I just back out and start over.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Chip O #1461344 08/04/2022 1:01 AM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
Just made a post and it did it again and I did not hit enter.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Chip O #1461357 08/04/2022 5:50 AM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,177
Red dot, center of chest ...
Red dot, center of chest ...
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,177
Yes, it's happened to me too. I think the back button is your friend.


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek
Phak1 #1461391 08/04/2022 8:19 PM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
Insomniac
Insomniac
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
Originally Posted by Phak1
It’s happened to me, although I can’t say “it’s not my fault”. That is the reason, any lengthy post I do in a note first, so I don’t lose anything.

This is good advice. Use Notepad (Windows) or whatever comes with your operating system to compose. Copy and paste the text into your reply box.

You could even use this if you like: https://onlinenotepad.org/notepad

As to why it occasionally happens ....

Last edited by Gord&Fran; 08/06/2022 4:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Gord 🇨🇦
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
Chip O #1461505 08/05/2022 7:42 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,074
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,074
Wow. Wonder what it's all about. ???

I thought about doing the Notepad thing. Easier for me to pull up a new message on email and paste it there.

This time, just to be sure, I just copied the post I made just before I hit "Post Reply." Didn't have to use it but I think I'll do that regularly until someone (?) figures out what's going on.

Is it UBB? The new hosting company? The computers?

headscratch


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Chip O #1461599 08/06/2022 4:23 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,801
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,801
Gremlins- - - - - - -"Don't feed 'em after midnight!"
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Chip O #1461604 08/06/2022 5:14 PM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,177
Red dot, center of chest ...
Red dot, center of chest ...
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,177
I posted on the UBB board. I'll let you know what the response is.


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek
Chip O #1461709 08/07/2022 5:44 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,074
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,074
Oh good. Glad to hear that. Still "copying" before I hit "post reply" just in case. grin


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill

Moderated by  baldeagle, Gord&Fran 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0