The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Shaffer's1950, Bill Marlow), 66 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,386
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1460699 07/30/2022 12:03 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,456
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,456
Now that Ive got my 261 driving I need to do an A/C install for 2 reasons: #1 that's what I told my wife I needed the 261 for & #2, I'm not as tough as I was & this 100 plus weather points that out.
Looking for input from those who have added a/c to a '60 - 63 cab.
The only one I've really looked at is Vintage Air Gen IV kits.

Last edited by BC59; 08/24/2022 10:39 PM.

BC
1960 Chevy C10 driver 261 T5 4.10 dana 44 power loc
1949 GMC 250 project in waiting
1960 C60 pasture art
Retired GM dealer tech. 1980 - 2022
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 117
7
'Bolter
'Bolter
7 Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 117
I have a vintage air in my 79 bronco Works great very good customer service

Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
When did you put that in your bronco? My experience (4-5 years ago) was that the Vintage Air customer service was pretty lacking and Old Air Products was much better.

I like the design of the Old Air systems better as well. A lot of that comes down to personal preference though.


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,258
Engine I am buying comes with a ac pump. May a well buy the AC set up before it all goes back together.


1966 C-10 Step Side
"Augustus"
Engage in the DITY
or follow along in his
Project Journal
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I have installed 2 Vintage-air units & the cust. service has been excellent
.
George


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 117
7
'Bolter
'Bolter
7 Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 117
It has been several years ago I installed it in my bronco. I have always had good service. Even after the warranty went out they sent me some new parts no cost to me. It would freeze the c10s out because it keeps my bronco plenty cool.


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0