The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Jeff Ogden, klhansen), 73 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,712
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 13
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 13
Hey guys I did end up finding me a set of tubeless wheels for the back of my 56 4400. The wheels have some nice ancient tires that I would like to do some replacing on. They have 9r 22.5s now but those aren’t exactly in high supply (used). I am needing to see if anyone has ran 10s or 11s on the back or if it can be done. These will just be for the rear duals. I have good 9rs on the front.

Also, front wheel cylinders. I need to find where y’all acquire those. It’s a 7/8 or 1 inch bore. I see some on the internet that look similar but you can never be too sure.
Attachments
0E766F50-423C-4674-9545-1E8C99E3EE49.jpeg (159.79 KB, 109 downloads)
EBA4D7D3-8669-4CE3-9C7C-19D47CD197B1.jpeg (121.17 KB, 108 downloads)

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy BigBoltJohn, as has been previously discussed here, the original 7/8" front wheel cylinders with the hose connection straight out of the back are no longer available. You could have your original wheel cylinders sleeved, or as I suggested years ago, use the wheel cylinders designed for the 1960-66 50 series they are also 7/8" bore and are the same in all respects except the hose connection port is at an angle. Other people here have made the conversion. The Napa p/ns are UP19090 and UP19091, the Raybestos p/ns are WC19090 and WC19091, hope that helps.

Last edited by 3B; 06/07/2022 4:54 AM. Reason: Add letters to Napa p/n
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 13
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 13
I think I will go with the 60-66 wheel cylinders as I had just recently purchased the brake lines from napa for the same truck but they worked great. Thank you!

Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,993
7
'Bolter
'Bolter
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,993
Hi BigBoltJohn, my truck is a '57 2 ton, 22.5" tubeless, I'm running 10R 22.5 duals on the original wheels, it's 15 foot grain box and the tires clear ok.


1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0