The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (tclederman, Bill Hanlon, 1 invisible), 197 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1453286 05/29/2022 11:20 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 64
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 64
Just wanted to say a big thank you to all for the information here. I have had to do a lot of learning about the lifters in a 235 hydraulic lifter motor. Had a couple of them that sounded like solids.
With all the information that I found here through the search engine and with the information from the car manual for a 53 at the old car manual project
I was able to take them apart, clean them up, preload them with oil. So far they are working just fine. The procedure in the shop manual was clear enough that I could understand. For some reason I missed that preload information here. Pretty sure I just overlooked it. blush
For those few that have never been to that site it is very useful for information that is hard to find. Everybit as much as Stovebolt.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Phil, Glad you got er going!


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0