| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,557 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 28 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 28 | Anyone know of a parts source for the pistol-grip style locking pawl handles such as the 2 T 1946 Chev. trucks (and others) use for parking / emergency brakes? I actually only need the latch part of the handle but beggars can't be choosers.
This actually isn't even going on a Chevy but my 1946 2-Ton PW has a similar set up on the parking brake lever so I thought someone here may know of a parts source to keep me from having to scratch-fabricate.
Thanks in advance,
Pete P. Harborcreek, Penna. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2018 Posts: 2,450 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2018 Posts: 2,450 | PeteP I'm not so sure you can't still buy those ratchet teeth,they are a service item . | | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 28 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 28 | It's actually the handle part I need -- teeth and pawl are good but the control handle that pulls the rod up snapped right at the pivot pin. The whole part is in bad shape so welding really isn't an option and I'm hoping I don't have to just fabricate from scratch although it's sounding like it.
Still hoping ...
Pete P. Harborcreek, Penna. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | To better understand what parts you're talking about can you post a picture? Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 165 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 165 | I believe I have that squeeze handle that you are describing . E-mail me and then i can send you a picture . [email protected] | | |
| |
| |