The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Robert Crandall, Bill Hanlon, TGP), 150 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
I’m mocking up the front end of a 46 GMC. This truck came to me in pieces and missing parts. I’ve enjoyed researching and acquiring parts over the years to put it back together. I don’t have any reference disassembly photos.

I could use some assembly assistance and photos taken during reassembly of your project.

Is there welting between the side curtains and the radiator support? And between the curtains and front fender baffles (photo shows one temporarily installed)?

Also interested in the front fender brace assembly and use of an approximate 3/4” by 2 1/2” steel piece. Does that sandwich the fender to the brace?

Last photo shows a set of braces.

Where are the square and round grommets placed?

I have a parts manual but the schematic doesn’t provide for details.

Thank you for your help. Tom
Attachments

Last edited by tom moore; 03/08/2022 12:19 AM.

1946 GMC Project
"Back-in-the-day Restore"
Read the story in the DITY Gallery
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
I found this as a description on eBay:

New reproduction 4-piece foam gasket set that go between the front fenders and the inner louvered engine compartment pieces. Quality die stamped foam.....keeps the squeaking and rattles to a minimum.

This is a start - I can go through the process of elimination for the washers/grommets. and will post pics here for the next person assembling a 41-46.


1946 GMC Project
"Back-in-the-day Restore"
Read the story in the DITY Gallery
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
Tom,
This should help you. he first photo is an 8 piece set from Jim Carter P/N FPF103.
Harold
Attachments
Fender Gasket Set.jpg (13.43 KB, 58 downloads)
Front Fender.jpg (45.17 KB, 57 downloads)
Inner Fender Driver.jpg (62.51 KB, 57 downloads)

Last edited by Harold46; 03/08/2022 1:43 PM.

Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 934
Perfect! Thank you. I can sleep at night now. tom


1946 GMC Project
"Back-in-the-day Restore"
Read the story in the DITY Gallery

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0