The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 177 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,619
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1442171 02/22/2022 5:54 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 41
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 41
Hi guys. I haven't posted (or read)in a while. I plan on blasting and painting the 19.5 single wheels on my 58 3800 Napco and I am contemplating colors. The wheels were black when I got the truck but I've seen a lot of these type of trucks with white wheels. Black is easy, but what color white did they use on wheels back then? Was it glossy white, or the off white like the headlight bezels? I don't think this truck would have been body color. Anybody have thoughts? I'll probably be posting as I do some refreshment on this big guy. Stan S.

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,110
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,110
Looking at the old sales brochures, it appears that most wheels were either body color or black. Link
Can't help on what shade of white they may have used.
But it's your truck. Paint them pink if you'd like. wink


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 108
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 108
Bombay Ivory is the 'off-white' official name....


1958 Chevrolet 3600 NAPCO 4x4 Apache
"Calvin"
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0