The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (baldeagle, Shade Baby, 1 invisible), 94 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,336
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1441046 02/13/2022 5:06 PM
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 201
8
nothing beats a try but a failure
nothing beats a try but a failure
8 Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 201
My engine builder was given a GM specialty tool on his 21st birthday by his mother. He is now 61. SInce February of 2019 I have been helping him on Tuesday's and Wenesday's. When I first started there he offered me this tool for a price. I have no need for a tool like that but I told him it was a cool tool and vary unique and thank you for the offer.He explained to me that the gift his mom gave him was put in his clove box of his hopped up Vega, which he totaled. Since then it has been in his office desk draw. On 2-7-2022 my birthday he gifted the tool to me.
Attachments
IMG_2695.jpg (56.67 KB, 235 downloads)
IMG_2694.jpg (49.23 KB, 236 downloads)
IMG_2693.jpg (42.64 KB, 222 downloads)


1955.1 3600 5 window 4 speed all original except the 410 gears.
In the Project Journal
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 87
9
'Bolter
'Bolter
9 Offline
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 87
Nice piece!,and very handy


Karl j Townsend
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
Sweet!!


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,456
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,456
I have one as well
Attachments
IMG_20211029_143852580.jpg (211.87 KB, 67 downloads)
IMG_20211029_143803752.jpg (174.72 KB, 67 downloads)

Last edited by BC59; 02/14/2022 6:07 PM.

BC
1960 Chevy C10 driver 261 T5 4.10 dana 44 power loc
1949 GMC 250 project in waiting
1960 C60 pasture art
Retired GM dealer tech. 1980 - 2022
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 899
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 899
Nice friend.


Brian
1955.2 3100 Truck
The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!!
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 201
8
nothing beats a try but a failure
nothing beats a try but a failure
8 Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 201
Whao, thanks everyone.


1955.1 3600 5 window 4 speed all original except the 410 gears.
In the Project Journal
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,072
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,072
That is a cool tool. I'd love to have something like that. That wasn't a hint BTW, but if someone was to offer one to me, I'd jump all over it.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Any thoughts on the date...I'm thinking late 20's early 30's???

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Obviously a Dealer supplied item. Cool how each blade is labeled for its specific use. Good score!


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)


Moderated by  MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0