| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
83
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,566 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2022 Posts: 1 Moderated | | Moderated Joined: Jan 2022 Posts: 1 | Hi all I need some help. I picked up a 1952 216 out of a 1952 3600. Im trying to make it work in my 1937 Chevy Town Sedan. Im looking for help getting the right flywheel, pressure plate, clutch and bellhousing set up to allow it to bolt up to my 1937 3 Speed transmission. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Aug 2003 Posts: 108 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2003 Posts: 108 | Hi,
I might have a bell housing for you (and I'm also in Michigan--where exactly are you at?) I pulled an early 235 from a truck and put it in my '46 Aerosedan, so had to change the bell housing. I wound up buying two car transmission bell housings because I needed the motor mount brackets too... anyway, if the '37 tranny bolt pattern is the same as 41-48, then we can discuss. I'll be in touch.
Tyler
Le Roy (near Cadillac) | | | | | Joined: Aug 2003 Posts: 108 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2003 Posts: 108 | Well, shucks: this site indicates that the '37 trans bolt pattern is not the same as the 41-48: http://chev235guy.blogspot.com/search/label/Transmission%20Bolt%20PatternsHowever, I did find a '37 car bell housing for sale on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/402212145297?hash=item5da5b64891:g:Iq0AAOSwXepejhWX (price is steep--but it might be about right given the vintage) Best of luck to you! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | 1937 was the last year for a carbon throwout bearing. There is a difference in fork pivot position from 1938 when the ball bearing design came in. You need a 1938-39 passenger car bellhousing and clutch fork. Chevrolet went from 3/8” bolts holding the flywheel on to 7/16” in 1942, you need a 1942-54 flywheel, if using a 6 volt starter, or a 1955-62 flywheel, if using a 12 volt starter.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | |
| |
| |