The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,541
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1438611 01/24/2022 8:01 PM
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 3
W
Moderated
Moderated
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 3
I'm excited to find this forum and have been lurking for quite some time learning about old "heavy bolts". I was inspired and recently found a 1972 C40 near my home and brought it home. Looking forward to sharing it with ya'll and seeing other rigs and ideas.

Thanks!
Willbilly
Attachments

Last edited by Peggy M; 10/27/2023 11:57 PM.

1972 Chevy C40, 350v8
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake
No need to put links to your photos. Follow the instructions in the left margin of every page and post pictures directly to your posts. Doing links is what we had to do years ago before we updated our site.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,420
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,420
Hello and welcome. Your links aren't working. Try posting your pictures direct as described in the picture posting guide located to the lower left.

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 3
W
Moderated
Moderated
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 3
Thanks for the heads-up. You should be able to see the photos now. The rear end was unusable so I’ve removed it and I am in search of a Dana 80. I’m hoping to be able to make use of P30 spindles in the front. Appreciate the warm welcome!


1972 Chevy C40, 350v8
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Good looking Project.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,003
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,003
Nice truck and welcome.

Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 154
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 154
Great looking truck, Pat66

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,420
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,420
FYI: Looks like I have your trucks older and slightly bigger brother. It's 1969 C50 and not quite as good of shape as yours.

John
Attachments
1969-C50-1.jpg (489.51 KB, 38 downloads)
1969-C50-2.jpg (433.74 KB, 38 downloads)
1969-C50-3.jpg (447.75 KB, 38 downloads)


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 3
W
Moderated
Moderated
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2022
Posts: 3
Very nice truck, John! I'm a fan of the faded red. Looks like we share a wheelbase, also.


1972 Chevy C40, 350v8

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0