The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Otto Skorzeny, 68ironhead, 3B, Jon G, Gdads51, NJC, 2 invisible), 104 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,369
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1437854 01/19/2022 6:23 AM
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 50
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 50
Please blow up photo and look at the A pillar near the top of the window. The rats had a nest between the header panel and cab. There is rust through in this area. I’m worried about how to form a patch panel for this area and it’s complicated by the inner structure of the A pillar. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
There is one more area in the center of the cab directly above the windshield . This one will be much simpler as it’s not double walled in that area and the panel is much simpler. The rest of the truck is excellent so replacing the whole cab doesn’t make sense.
Thanks again.
Attachments


1946 1-1/2 ton
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,811
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,811
I would be more concerned with the rot down there by the mirror mount, which will probably compromise the door hinge area. Before you start whittling on metal anywhere, remove the door and windshield and install some temporary braces to maintain the shape of the door and windshield openings. I'd suggest looking for a donor cab with a good A pillar and make a cut that includes a section of firewall and roof instead of patching on the pillar itself.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 50
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Dec 2021
Posts: 50
Good advice. I’ll look again but I don’t think there is rot down by the hing, it just might look like it in the photo. The door shuts and fits very well now. I was thinking about finding a cab that isn’t worth salvaging but had good A pillars and sectioning out what I need. I’ve got time to look as I’ll be removing the cab etc. and starting on the running gear in March. Just planning and collecting parts now.
Thanks for your response.


1946 1-1/2 ton

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0