The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (klhansen, Mr Wilson, Otto Skorzeny, cmayna), 93 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,099
Posts1,056,499
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1436304 01/06/2022 5:43 PM
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 73
J
PA OUTLAW
PA OUTLAW
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 73
This may sound like a very dumn question But here go's would like to install 2 speakers in my 1954 chevy Behind the seat .Looking at a box type speaker in the cab corners . The gas tank is located there IS THIS A SAFETY ISSURE .Any ideals or comments Thank you in advance

Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
The speakers will not be an issue with the fuel tank as long as the boxes fit properly. There is no heat or spark in the stereo (assuming they are connected properly) that will cause problems.


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 225
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 225
And it will make all the difference in the sound (over just the grill speaker). I did it, used marine speakers, installed them in wooden boxes I built. There is not much room for them, so what I built just did fit. And yep, they are right there in the cab corners.

I kinda like cranking Skynyrd or Blackberry Smoke up to 8 while I'm tooling down the road...…….( I know, I know, THAT ain't for everybody).


Mike

1951 3100 5 window
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Herder of Cats, Goats, and Sheep (moderator)
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,242
Originally Posted by kades51
I kinda like cranking Skynyrd or Blackberry Smoke up to 8 while I'm tooling down the road...…….( I know, I know, THAT ain't for everybody).

Yeah, commies hate the sounds of freedom.


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 26
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 26
You can also use 6.5 inch speakers if space is an issue. if you are listening to RAP music they won't perform very well, but I am assuming that is not very likely on this board.


1960 Chevy C10 gasser- Rabble Rouser
1953 Harley Davidson Panhead chopper

Moderated by  truckernix 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0