The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (50Chevy3100, NorthCoast3800, Gray_Ghost, KEVINSKI), 136 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,514
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1430 07/08/2002 3:08 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5
I'm just getting started. The linkage from the pedal rod to the carb is missing. Does anyone have picture, drawing, or other to show me how I can make one? It a downdraft carb.

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 38
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 38
Dave,

I don't know if it's the same but, I have a 36 one and a half ton. I can take a picture and send it to you or post it. My truck has a Carter on the original 207.


Steve Lemberg

1936 Chevrolet 1 1/2 ton truck
1970 Mercedes 280SE 3.5 coupe
1987 Mercedes 560SEC supercharged
1989 Mercedes 300CE 5.0 M119
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5
Hi Steve,
I would really appreciate whatever you can do. I haven't found anything resembling a place to put something. I do have some linkage, but no brackets. The linkage could be from a 31 car. It came in a bucket with the truck.
Thanks,
Dave smile

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 38
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 38
Dave,

If you still need a picture I have a few I took of my truck that you can see on page 2 here
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/capnlindy/lst?.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album&.src=ph&.view=


Steve Lemberg

1936 Chevrolet 1 1/2 ton truck
1970 Mercedes 280SE 3.5 coupe
1987 Mercedes 560SEC supercharged
1989 Mercedes 300CE 5.0 M119
#1434 07/20/2002 10:09 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
Is a 1/12 ton one of those little clown trucks?


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steve, looks like the pivot point below your exhaust manifold is pretty rusty / dry. This point siezes up a lot of times and the stud actually starts turning on the threads going in/out of the block as you press the accelerator. Mine had the bad habit of sticking down everyonce in a while requiring that I pull up on the gas button to get it back down to an idle. It was a real butt itch to get it free'd up, but once I got it well lubed and properly adjusted, made a world of difference in driveability.

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 38
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 38
Thanks Ken,

I will lube it up, the truck has not been oiled and serviced in a while. I went through 2 full tubes of grease just in the front end and I still have a bunch of stuff on the squak sheet after I get the rear end back together.


Steve Lemberg

1936 Chevrolet 1 1/2 ton truck
1970 Mercedes 280SE 3.5 coupe
1987 Mercedes 560SEC supercharged
1989 Mercedes 300CE 5.0 M119
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 165
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 165
Dave,
1931 Chevys had up draft carbs., that is why the throttle linkage is missing.

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5
Quote
Originally posted by chevyb:
Dave,
1931 Chevys had up draft carbs., that is why the throttle linkage is missing.
31 trucks have downdraft carb. I checked casting bumber on intake to be sure. Is the crank pivot attached to the frame? (motor is bolted to frame without mounts)
The tires are almost flat, so the GVW is ~ 1/12 ton. When I get tires fixed I hope I can type better too! grin

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve Lemberg:
Dave,

If you still need a picture I have a few I took of my truck that you can see on page 2 here
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/capnlindy/lst?.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album&.src=ph&.view=
[/Q UOTE]

Hi Steve,
Great looking truck! The oil filter hides the linkage, but thanks for the effort. It gives me HOPE.

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 346
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 346
Dave,

Here is a picture of the throttle linkage on my '38 1-1/2 ton. I just got around to pulling the manifolds off last night so I could take the picture.

Throttle Linkage

The screwdrive is in the position that the throttle rod from the floor board would normally be in.

There are two levers. One (the inner one) has a return spring on it and an adjusting screw (at the upper end) that pushes against the outer arm. This outer arm is connected to the vertical rod that goes to the carb.

Let me know if you need additional photos. I'll be pulling it off the engine in the next few days and can take better pictures of the individual pieces if you need them.


'38 Chevy 1-1/2 ton
'49 Chevy 1/2 ton
'54 Chevy 6400 2 ton
'55.2 GMC 3/4 ton
'56 GMC 1-ton

No Room Left in Shop
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5
Hi Ol'Blue
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but things have been in the way. Thanks for the pictures. Yours seems to have throttle rod on outside of manifolds. Mine have to come up between the intake manifold and the head. I'm going to try to rig a pivot to the frame for the 90 degree crank pivot arm. Thanks again for your effort. I'll try to post some pictures once I figure out how to do it.
Keep'em truckin,
Dave


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0