| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,490 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2016 Posts: 176 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2016 Posts: 176 | John Milliman has a lead on a steering gear in a 1950 1 ton but plans on getting rid of it shortly. I have a 1955 1st 1/2 ton. I would like to take this steering gear, have it rebuilt and put in mine. I have access to a parts book/catalog but have no clue on how to read it. So would someone with one of these books or even the knowledge please help me by letting me know if these two steering gears are or should be interchangeable. Thank you for whoever takes the time to do the research for me. I surely do appreciate it. Stewart Stewart2 1955.1 3100 Both Owner and P/U have lots of miles, lots of history and need LOTS of TLC Jack of several trades and experiences; Master of none
| | | | | Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,101 Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums | | Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums Joined: May 2015 Posts: 11,101 | From my previous checking, the steering gears should be interchangeable, although I think that the top of the column (and steering wheel) changed ~54 or 55.
If he still has it, I would grab it before he scraps that 1 ton. He said he was going to do that yesterday (Saturday).
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truckFollow this saga in Project JournalPhotos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2016 Posts: 176 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2016 Posts: 176 | Thank you, sir. I was thinking it did, but my memories seem to be fading. Didn't want to yank it if I was mistaking. I've been PMing John and he pushed the deadline out a bit. So I may just luck out. Again, THANK YOU. Stewart Stewart2 1955.1 3100 Both Owner and P/U have lots of miles, lots of history and need LOTS of TLC Jack of several trades and experiences; Master of none
| | |
| |
| |