The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Shade Baby, Steelonsteel, Guitplayer, Otto Skorzeny, cmayna), 108 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,401
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#143391 07/13/2005 5:24 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 30
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 30
i am looking for specs for a 1965 chevy c50 6 wheel dump truck if someone could dirwect me i would appreciate it

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Chevrolet built the Cab and Chassis...the dump body was a dealer installed option.

What kind of info do you want?

Mike smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 30
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 30
loooking for things like empty weight(obviously I will have to guess the dump body until I get it weighed ), max gvw( need it to register) repair manuals or shop manuals to name the things I need to find out now. Also a good parts dealer or website for these old dogs to

Thanks
Matt

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 30
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 30
i found ou the GVW no I am looking for suggestions as far as repair manual. I would like to get the factory one but if not available what would you go with I normally use haynes along with chilton as a crossreference but considering the age and size ??

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Keep an eye on eBay...Shop Manuals and parts books should be available. When getting a Parts Book, look for one a year or two newer than your truck, that way any late year changes will show up.

As for mechanical parts, you'll be surprised what NAPA has new on the shelf.

Have fun!!!

Mike smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 30
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 30
thats cool, NAPA has served me well for my other vehicles but I figured the old stuff was gonna be a hunt. Where can I decode a vin # to figure out what year this ol' girl is The Vin # is
H3C519B103587 ?

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
I was going to reccomend American Classic's VIN Decoder, but I put that VIN number in and it said it was a 1973 Made in London, Canada.

That probably isn't accurate information, tho.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 452
I'll give the VIN decoding a shot using info in the 60-66 assembly manual.

For H3C519B:
H=heavy duty=24000 GVW
3=last digit of model year=63
C=conventional cab
51=series (5=1.5 ton)
9=body/chassis type=stakebed
B=assembly plant=Baltimore

The rest of the number is the build sequence.

American Classic's decoder only covers thru the 1-tons--no big bolts. There used to be a decoder on oldtrucks.com, but it seems to be perpetually offline.


Curt
----
1953 Chevy 6400, 1957 Chevy 2dr Sedan
--"Mediocrity is easy, the good things take time"
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 30
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 30
yeah i tried oldtrucks.com and there decoder was offline at the time I am going to get into her tomorrow. And will post pics and updates!!


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0