The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hotrod Lincoln, klhansen), 119 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,357
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
Late October early November I winterized my truck for the winter , but I failed .
The truck takes up most of my garage so at times needs to be moved out as to use the garage for other reasons .
In the 4 or 5 times I've had to move it It's accumulated about 700 miles just wondering around the back roads in my area .
Even around the freezing mark it works well and even keeps me warm .
Maybe I'll try harder next time !

John


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
That's a long driveway to get 700 miles.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Originally Posted by panel fan
The truck takes up most of my garage

John
Well, your truck is pretty long.

Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,450
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,450
panel fan I cruise year around,51 6400.

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 406
Kewl , and I understand you get snow out your way as well . But I'd Imagine there are not a lot of car shows to attend right now .


good planning is no substitute for dumb luck
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 26
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 26
I still use mine year round for daily farm chores just as the rest of the family has since she was new. It’s all original including the engine. It still rolls over and starts at zero degrees to go out and feed cattle on her old six volt system with the cutout generator. If it gets below that I will put on a magnetic oil pan heater just so she feel special. I thought about restoring it but I would probably park it and never drive it. Only about a mile of chore rounds are on blacktop so I don’t worry too much about salt, but I do rinse it off every time we have a day above freezing. 1935 was a good year for reliability I would say.

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,365
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,365
Notjustair, I remember your post on the Who uses their truck as a truck, thread.

Would love to see more images of it working, hauling feed while feeding in the winter, or whatever else it does while working.

Nice truck for sure. I suspect it would take the trophy for "Senior, working truck"
in our crew.

RonR


RonR


1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1964 CJ5

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0