The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 18
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 18
These triple pinstripe wheels came on my '36 when I bought it and before I post them for sale I wanted to know what they came off of. I have 4 center caps and unfortunately only 3 trim rings, they are mounted on 16x6 tires so I am assuming the rims are 16x5? Someone had told me '47chevy truck. Thoughts?
Attachments
rim2.jpg (52.43 KB, 183 downloads)
rim1.jpg (53.96 KB, 180 downloads)
rim.jpg (45.92 KB, 179 downloads)


1936 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,660
B
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,660
Info can be found at:

* Master Parts List
* Truck Shop Manual
http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com

* Vehicle Information
https://www.gmheritagecenter.com
Attachments
Wheels 01.jpg (97.53 KB, 152 downloads)
Wheels 02.jpg (111.03 KB, 150 downloads)


"Adding CFM to a truck will only help at engine speeds you don't want to use."
"I found there was nothing to gain beyond 400 CFM."
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,070
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,070
They're probably 4" or 4.5" wide (measured between the bead mounting surfaces. If 4", they're 47-48? AD wheels, and if 4.5", 50?-55 1st AD wheels. The hubcaps are 41-47 1st style from the markings. AD hubcaps have block lettering - not as fancy. The pinstripes are typical for AD wheels.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 18
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 18
thank you both for the great information


1936 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,450
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,450
Clyde Willie I think those beauty rings were generic of the time,not chevy ?? The reason I say that my neighbors gave me a set that his Dad had on aChrysler . Fit my wheels fine,so swap meet.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0