I recently hooked up the parking brake on my half ton. The eccentric bolt is used for adjustment. According to the shop manual, “hold the toggle lever (the one you’re holding in the 2nd photo) against the shoe and turn the eccentric bolt until there is only a slight clearance between the lever and the bottom of the slot in the hand brake extension link.”
Then “tighten eccentric bolt lock nut and again check for clearance.”
On my truck there was a star lock washer under the castellated nut. I snugged the nut down but only enough to where the lever could still the pulled by the cable.
Denny Graham’s photosI hope Denny Graham doesn’t mind me providing this link, but I found it in another thread on this forum and although it’s for a later year/model, it’s been helpful for me to see how the parts are assembled. Thank you Denny!