The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,474
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 12
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 12
While taking out my speedometer for repair, I inadvertently knocked the wiper control rod link off and it fell to the floor. This is the rod that connects the wiper control knob to the wiper motor.
My problem is that I have no idea how to reconnect it as I did not see how it was attached before I knocked it off. I saw in a parts catalog that there were two grommets involved in the assembly and I ordered them; the original grommets were apparently gone.
Can anyone give me any guidance/instructions on this?
I have attached photos of the control rod link, the wiper motor, and the wiper control knob. The end of the control rod attaches to the lever at the upper left of the motor, the other end to the control knob.
I have looked in the shop manual, and the factory assembly manual, but cannot find any photos or diagrams for this.
Attachments
dKdeYKbrQ8mpGx9Xh8VdEg.jpg (257.04 KB, 65 downloads)
RIdMDM+kRDmTtUN6v5xneg.jpg (186.55 KB, 65 downloads)
IMG_2571.JPG (146.16 KB, 65 downloads)

Last edited by jasper1951; 11/20/2021 7:10 PM.
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,101
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,101
I THINK the double bend end of the rod goes on the lever on the motor, then the other end with the grommet snaps into the control lever. I can't look because my parts are out in the deep freeze storage.

Or maybe it's the other way around. You have a 50/50 chance of the first option being correct. But you'll likely find that the first way you try is wrong. Murphy's Law, Right? wink


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 12
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 12
Thanks klhansen. Much appreciated. I actually found a photo of it after nosing around here on the forum
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...r-switch-rod-connection.html#Post1321477

it was posted by DADS50 on 8/11/2019

Don't know what i would do without these forums


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0