I have a 1941 Chevy AK ½ ton pickup with the standard 3 speed tranny. Opposite the speedometer drive in the tranny there is a threaded hole, I assume it is a vent. It was open when I tore this truck down.
What should go there? Is it for a tranny vent? What should I put there? Sorry for the dumb questions. In the photo, see the temporarily inserted bolt in that hole.. Any recommendations appreciated.
Lee
Lee
1981 C10 "custom deluxe" stripper in white "Ralph" Will work on any classic
On my 54 with 4 speed it has a 1/4 inch plug on top to top off the gear oil as gear oil needs to lubricate the u joint and when tranny oil is changed it takes time to make its way in there so there is a plug to fill oil so the u joint has oil and the transmission doesn’t go low .