The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ponchogl, Millenimech, Jman, Shaffer's1950), 146 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,102
Posts1,056,531
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#142900 06/08/2005 3:38 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 29
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 29
Here are some photos of my project. Trying to complete the interior this week. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
http://community.webshots.com/photo/364422204/364423246brhttp://community.webshots.com/photo/364422204/364423357QKOjLbNHiS
http://community.webshots.com/photo...ots.com/photo/364422204/364423246 brNHiS

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
I think it's lookin gooood! like those business-like tires in the rear shot - keep us up to date when the paint starts happenin grin

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
#142902 06/08/2005 11:15 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Nice One !, Keep up the good work.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
#142903 06/09/2005 12:39 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Hey Skiffman, Do you know Mike Boteler, of Hughesville, Maryland. He's restoring several '56 Chevy Task Force Trucks.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 29
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 29
Spanky,
I don't know Mike. It would be nice to meet somebody else witht he same liking. This truck is a lot of fun to work on. Just can't wait to finish so I can drive her around.

Jase

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Skiffman, Check this out, http://www.chevytrucks.org/mikesgarage/


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
#142906 06/09/2005 12:09 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 29
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 29
GOTTA LOVE THOSE OLD BIG TRUCKS !!

I"LL HAVE TO LOOK HIM UP HERE IN THE STATE. COUKLD BE WELL WORTH MY WHILE.

JASE

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
That thing looks great. I have a 56 6500 getting painted yellow right now. I'll send some shots when its done. I also like the big ones. Matt
My collection:
57 pickup
55 pickup
55 6500
55 6500
56 6500
56 4400 napco
55 4400

#142908 06/09/2005 11:58 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 29
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 29
Matt,

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, she is a pretty cool truck. Actually, this truck was has quite a history with the plant where I work. I'll try to elaborate in another posting.

Jase

#142909 06/10/2005 12:10 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
What type of body, do you plan to install on it. I had a '56 6400 Holmes wrecker, '55 5700 LCF Flatbed, & a '56 5700 LCF cab & chassis. All v-8 powered. I'd like to find a 9000 series '56, or '57 LCF, like Mikes. I know of a, '57 10500 series FireTruck, similar to Mikes, close to me For Sale. It has no engine.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
I'd like to have a fire truck someday being a fireman and all. i wish you guys could see all these big bolts here in the Willamette valley. People will just about give them away. I was thinking of putting a wrecker body on my 56 napco.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 29
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 29
She's going to get astakebody type bed. Oak shiplap floor, oak split rails, and I am going to fabricate a tailgate at the rear. I want to use this truck.

Jase


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0