Those holes in the top of the door jamb are to let the mouse poop out. Seriously, I think they might be for the cab assembly at the factory (maybe locating holes for welding the top of the door frame in place)
Is this an AD (47-54) truck? Those are seals for the windows and yes, they are hard to replace. If they're intact, I wouldn't worry about them. They're available from the usual suspects if you do need to replace them.
Kevin 1951 Chevy 3100 work truck Follow this saga in Project Journal Photos 1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car) Busting rust since the mid-60's If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
It's a 52 gmc I think you're right on the mouse poo. I'll just plug them with plugs. As for the seals they are shot and rock hard. Fun times Thanks for the input
Those holes were for setting the cab on the frame at the factory. On this web site and on the net, there are a few pictures floating around of this exact process.
pauld On those mouse poop holes,Iv'e discovered if you put moth balls above the headliner any mice that get in wont go there. You smell moth balls only till you get moving,much better than that sickening smell of a mouse nest.