The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Charles in CA, LAROKE, Wally / Montana, Cletus1950, 78buckshot, TrknGMC, UtahYork), 162 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,221
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 295
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 295
someone posted this pic on a FB page saying someone on this website was making them about 15 years ago or so
Any info on this license plate topper would be appreciated.
It’s a really cool license plate topper.
Thanks
Attachments

Last edited by Peggy M; 08/12/2023 10:50 PM.

This is no longer fun
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,310
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,310
Look on the site map on top for stovebolt features click on it and it will show stovebolt topper .Then read the amazing story about these fine crafted toppers by a stovebolt craftsman.


1954 Canadian GMC 9300
"The Journey"
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 581
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Online: Content
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 581
I had one of those but lost it when the entire front plate fell off from mounting bolt fatigue. I remember wondering what I ran over. When I got to my destination, I saw it was gone. I went back to find it but it was on the beach road on a weekend and it was gone. I was heartbroken at losing the topper and my Dad's CBI plate.
Attachments
stovebolt topper.png (817.39 KB, 7 downloads)
Stovebolt Topper

Last edited by Peggy M; 08/12/2023 10:52 PM.

Larry Kephart
1937 Chevy Utility Express (Deerslayer)
1955 1st 3100 Chevy (BillyBob)
2017 Cadillac ATS-V (Elvira)
Boca Raton, Florida
e-mail: [email protected]

http://www.laroke.com/larryk4674/1998/billybob.htm
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
The Stovebolt Topper 2007 date on that web page

My guess is that the topper is a collectors' item - people who bought one (or who bought two, like me) will most likely want to keep it for their truck/trucks.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
'Whizzerick' hasn't been on the forum since 2016. He hasn't posted since 2007.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 295
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 295
So cool thanks for sharing pics and link and stories as well keep em coming,


This is no longer fun
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 791
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 791
The topper is VERY cool. I would stand in line for the next round of them. I bet they would go like hotcakes topped with homemade maple syrup!

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
I would order a couple of them if they come available!

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
Insomniac
Insomniac
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
I haven't looked into 3-D printers. I wonder if these could be made on one of them?


Gord πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Originally Posted by Gord&Fran
I haven't looked into 3-D printers. I wonder if these could be made on one of them?
Pretty much anything can be made on a 3D printer. But the ones that make things in metal are WAY expensive. But those could be done in plastic.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
Insomniac
Insomniac
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,193
Yes, I was thinking of plastic. I suppose you probably have to add paint later.


Gord πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
I would be interested in a couple toppers. I sent an email to Wizzerrick and have not had a response. I asked if he had any plans to make any more of them.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
This conversation pops up every few years. A few years ago Fred auctioned his off as a fund raiser for the site if I remember right. If my thinker isn't letting me down the winning bid was pretty substantial. I know very little about 3D printers other than what I've seen on TV & the web. I've seen 3D printed items that were very rough and items that appeared to be highly finished. I'd be interested in buying one if they're closer to the "finished" end of the scale.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,067
Originally Posted by Gord&Fran
Yes, I was thinking of plastic. I suppose you probably have to add paint later.
I've seen a few 3D printed things that were multi-color and with nice finishes. I've got enough toys to mess with otherwise I might consider getting a 3D Printer.

Plastic ones wouldn't look as vintage as the ones cast in aluminum, though.

I'd be interest in buying one if they come available again.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
We've had a few folks over the years express interest in doing another run of Stovebolt Toppers. The deal I have made with them is that any new run would have to be a different or modified design that would not be confused with the original run. It would not have to be very different to be different.

At any rate, we have not seen anything come of it yet. You are welcome to do it, but all we ask is that the design be different enough that it can not be confused with Whizzerrick's limited run -- i.e., please do not copy it exactly.

Thanks,
John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0